Friday, February 5, 2010

The Beer Bread Flop.

My first inclination was to omit this post, since as the title lets you know, this bread flopped!  It looked a lot better than it tasted, that's for sure.  I missed a vital step in the recipe as I chatted away with my husband and didn't really pay attention to what I was doing.  Not a stellar thing to do when you are baking. This should have been an extremely easy bread to make - all that you have to do is mix the dry ingredients together (flour, oatmeal, baking powder, etc.), fold in a cup and a half of beer, and bake the bread.  Well, I put in all of the dry ingredients, and talking away, I added the beer, realizing only then that I didn't mix the dry ingredients together first.  I baked it anyway, crossing my fingers... no luck, the bread was terrible!!  The slices we had tasted really bitter, like the slices we ate had too much baking powder.  We ended up throwing it all away.   If you go away with nothing else, remember to mix the dry ingredients first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment