Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cobb salad

As it got warmer, we started grilling more, and I started blogging less and using my cookbook less.  As I looked through it recently, I realized that there are a lot of dishes in there that are great for warm weather, so here's the first one (not that it's super hard, or takes a culinary wizard to accomplish) cobb salad.  I often order this when we are out, but I have never made it at home, so when I saw the "recipe" in the cookbook, I thought we'd have it for dinner. Of course there are greens on the bottom, which we conveniently picked fresh from our garden - yay!  I cooked a couple of chicken breasts in the crockpot for the afternoon, and chopped those on top.  Crumbled bacon, boiled eggs, avacado, and tomatoes finished it off.  Per cobb salad instructions, we were supposed to have blue cheese on there as well, but as I don't like blue cheese, my husband had to settle with blue cheese dressing on his instead.  This is a great salad, but unless everything is cooked beforehand, it is a bit time-consuming to cook the chicken, bacon, and eggs.  Maybe next time I will pre-cook that stuff and have it on hand to be able to just throw the salad together.
 boiled eggs were added

No comments:

Post a Comment